Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fixed Cabin Noise Problem





I have this funny problem of having a strange noise when the car vibrates due to bump or whatever.... a weird ticking noise. So i have been hunting for the source of this sound for more than 2 months as it comes and goes away.
Finally today, I managed to find it. I tapped the door panel of the right front door and the left front door. The right door sounds solid but the left one have slight clinking sound. So I removed the floor panel and found the 4 screws locking the power window motor to the door is loose. I tighten the 4 screws and installed the door panel back on. After doing this, both doors have same tap sounds..."SOLID". I was so worried that it is some suspension issue, but lucky it is not :)
Just some info to share.

4 comments:

jimmy-aka-podz said...

I have this issue also. But I checked my door panel but failed to get the source of the noise. I think I need to perform a full CSI SOP. Hahaha. Great info anyway.. :)

metropro said...

Very clean interior. You replaced the plastic cover yourself?

Vince said...

It was not that hard to do but it was done by the shop who installs my audit parts. :) Bow audio.

jimmy-aka-podz said...

The plastic cover very easy to replace. I had done it for my ride. Hehe..