Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday is DIY Day!















Finally I have the time to DIY install the Ground Wire kit (except alternator wire) and the Engine Valve Head/Cover breather.

Installed the kit to:
1) Near Valve cover/Head.
2) Near Distributor.
3) Near the Bulkhead/Firewall.
4) Gear box.
5) Ground wire cluster attached to engine.
6) TBD (Alternator) "Can't be reached from the top :( "

Take a look at the Original ground wire (there is only 2 big ones which i can see), so it is much safer for me to have the additional ground wire and the potential benefit is that it may correct any faults due old chassis poor grounding (Don't forget that my car is already 17 years old).
1) Battery -ve terminal to car body.
2) Car body to Gear Box.

(Black is Original ground wire) (Blue is the new ground wire kit)















The breather is the easier one of the DIY. I found that the car's throttle body is oily and dirty so I take the opportunity to clean it. I attached an petrol filter to the breather just in case any oil/dirt/water needs to be trapped.

8 comments:

Koh said...

Great DIY...

Vince said...

Thanks for the comment :).
Just need to settle the alternator wire by this Monday :). Then it is Complete!
This Monday I plan to DIY PCV oil catch.

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Superb..remember to feedback about the differences between with ground cable and without ground cable. Hehe..

Vince said...

Well, i do not expect any difference by installing the GW. My reason to install it is because I feel the original grounding is not really satisfying my target.
Actually I did few things:
1) Install the GW.
2) Cut the connection from Valve head to air intake. (I connected a breather to the valve cover).
3) Install cheap "OCT" for the PCV hose.
4) Replace the Air filter with OEM (Kong liow and not enough $$ for branded)
Result is the car rev more happily, maybe just some feeling difference. No Dyno.

metropro said...

No electro mechanical dyno but i am sure your BUTT duno is more sensitive then the dyno services available in the market.

Vince said...

:) LOL "Butt dyno no reading"

metropro said...

I think i no why. Must be those expensive crocodile shoes that you are wearing. Haha....

jimmy-aka-podz said...

No la..butt dyno no reading coz no Recaro seat. Install 2 Recaro, then you can get great reading. Haha..