Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oil Pressure Gauge Kong!















Before i buy the gauge I noticed that the oil press gauge set is not in best condition, I talked to the Boss and he assured me that this product will be under warranty for 3 months (except for wrong installation). The 1st picture is taken when all the meters were installed fine. The 2nd picture shows that oil pressure meter's LED had KONG (the right unit)! When I go to the shop and complained on the burnt LED gauge, he immediately called the supplier and got a new unit which was passed to me today without any question.

This morning I received a call from my home that there is an oil leak on my porch, this means my car is leaking engine oil. I brought my car and the new gauge set to the workshop. During inspection, we found out that the oil pressure sensor had leaked. As this unit was manufactured on year 2004 (5 years ago), i would have expected this to happen. By the workshop mechanic quoted that even good Japanese gauge may leak after a few years. Bearing that even the new unit was also Taiwan made and my engine OIL pressure is definitely very high during VTEC, i give the Boss of the gauge shop a call. Without hesitation he allow the gauges to be returned back to him and i would get a full refund. Now this is what I called Business Ethics. No wonder his shop is famous in Tanjung Rambutan and IPOH (Shop name Wing Soon, I would recommend my friends to go there as they are very responsible to the customers).














Now my car only have 2 gauges (Oil Temp and Water Temp). Out of the 2, water temp is more important to Honda cars as the engine can warp easily if over heated and it does not have the special feature that toyota 4AGE have (I personally saw a 4AGE engine shuts off itself when there is no water in the raditor due to broken hose and the lady owner did not notice it).

No comments: