Monday, September 14, 2009

New Tyre Installed
















I have finally got my Tyre installed. I need to budget and choose a tyre which is more suitable for outstation and have very good water displacement without hydroplaning the car XD. After reviewing online, I have stream lined to Either RE001 or Hankook V12 EVO (RS2 only for 16 inch above).

In Ipoh, 195/50/15 RE001 cost RM250 per unit while the 195/55/15 Ventus V12 cost ~RM225 per unit. I managed to find a shop that sells the Ventus V12 to me at RM215 without the tips (I have metal tips which still last). Got it (date code 2009) install for RM860 with balancing and alignment. After they have done, I drove it back to my work place. After work I directly go to find "Tall Guy" (Kou Low) at Jalan Dato Shell station for revalidation of the alignment, Camber and balancing. After he is done, the car fell smoother.

My initial evaluation of the tyre: For that price I paid, it is worth it. As I have only drove my car with Neova, i can only compare this tyre with Neova (initial eval). It has softer side wall. More water run ways for rain. Compare to Neova, V12 feels slightly less grippy and less responsive to steering input (But still in acceptable limit). It is more comfortable (absorb road bumps well) and quiet. I still need to test it in the rain (update later).

Info below is taken from: http://www.mx6.com/forums/discount-tire-direct/230629-discuss-new-hankook-ventus-v12-evo-pics-video.html

TECHNOLOGY

-Solid center rib block

The solid rib block in the center enhances braking performance. It also ensures optimal ground contact pressure and control response at high speeds for excellent handling.
-Efficient water drainage

Wide linear grooves and aggressive Y-shape pattern design effectively channels water away from the tire.
1) Jointless Bead Wire & High Hardness Bead Filler:

Improves high speed stability while maximizing steering response and durability without sacrificing ride comfort.

2) Wide, High-Tensile Steel Belts & Jointless Two-Cap Ply:

Enhances tread strength for added steering response and wear resistance. This also improves uniformity for a smooth ride and durability.

3) Rim Protector

Provides better protection against outer shock or rim scratches.
-High density nylon reinforcement belt:

Optimized for even distribution of ground contact pressure during cornering.

5 comments:

kev said...

mmm, yummy new tyres man, ive just managed to source the original quad carb side draft keihin carburetors for the car. man it costs a bomb. lol. no i have a budget man, lol. i have to bail myself out this time, lol. btw, wanna swap links?

Vince said...

swap link?

jimmy-aka-podz said...

When is the touge date? Hahaha...

Koh said...

Let's go makan angin after raya lo...

kev said...

oh my bad, hahaha, u already linked my blog, let me link urs back, lol