Friday, November 5, 2010

Suspension Bush Change and Retune.

I screwed up the setting for the GAB SS when it was intalled a few months ago. I knew something is wrong as my car is bouncing every time the road is not even (not normal). After 2 months of seaching the Web, I finally found the mistake. I set the pre-load for the spring too high. It was supposed to have 5mm compression only and I actually set it to 1.5 inch compression during the 1st setup. So the spring is compress too much and not able to absorb the bumps. After correcting the compression, the spring now flexes properly and the ride have a better road hugging feel (instead of jumping around :)).

I took this chance to change the Absorber bush from Composite fiber type (WHITE) to PU rubber type (BLACK). Composite fiber is lighter but when it degrades, it will become fiber dust which can actually intrude and damage your absorber shaft. PU will not degrade but it is much more heavier.

My mechanic also help to tie the dust boot with cable ties to ensure the shaft is well protected from sand and dust intrusion. My setting now is Front 16, Rear 14 (soft = 0, Hard = 32).































The ride Height has been adjusted to 2 fingers all four corners from wheel arch to tyre.


No comments: