Monday, February 16, 2009

Recap Saturday 14 Feb 09















(DIY OCT using Fuel Filter)
The thought of oil stain in my intake manifold bothered me for quite some time (saw it when i got my Throttle body removed for service last month). And the constant problem of engine shut down it self (since i got the car) with no error output when diagnosed is really disturbing. I did ask the workshop where my engine were install about the problem, they told me it could be ECU error. So forget about it, if it is ECU problem it would be intermittent (i won't get chopped the 2nd time).

So send my car to the workshop for the DIY of an OCT (cheap version) using an fuel filter as the catch tank. The whole setup is cheap (less than RM30) but ugly. I don't care as long as it works, we shall know the result after a few weeks/months to see if there is any oil caught there.
For the auto engine killing it self issue, i have had the ICV and FITV serviced sometime back about a month ago, but the problem still persist (both valves were not clogged when i checked it). Finally the mechanic suggested that it could be a fuel problem because the way the engine shuts it self down is similar to no petrol intack case. The first thing to get changed is the fuel pump relay, and walla no problem till now :) Let's keep my fingers crossed.

4 comments:

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Hey..nice DIY. I plan to do that too..but lazy. Hahaha. When are you going to use performance air intake?

Vince said...

It is easy and could be beneficial if it do work :).

jimmy-aka-podz said...

I think it will work well. You need to make 1 more for the other side. I don't know how to explain. I'll let you know after I had done mine. Still researching. Hehe...

Vince said...

I know about the other side but normally ppl won't mess with it. The PCV is quite sensitive to leaks. Plus there is already an oil catch built in by Honda. James have the photo of the catch tank, ask him :).